Are You Wondering What Colors Go With Green In Your Clothes?
Join my discourse on the basics of combining color palette for green and how to successfully integrate it into your everyday wardrobe
Color That Go With Green? The green color is one of the few that hardly irritates anyone’s eyes. This is not surprising – after all, it is associated with nature and has a calming effect on people.
Not surprisingly, green is not uncommon in clothing. Due to the variety and deepness of its shades, green clothes can be worn during all seasons.
The green color symbolism
Like no other color, green symbolizes freshness, spring, the beginning of life, and good health.
It is closely associated with the greenery of the Garden of Eden, spring with its characteristic green grass and early foliage, and the mixture of yellow and blue.
Any shade of green is a direct meaning of nature and earthly forces.
However, the most striking association is associated with natural green: fresh grass, foliage on trees, flower stems, and the color of pine needles.
The color green is a direct embodiment of the beginning of the astronomical year (before the adoption of Christianity, which began in the spring, approximately when the fasting begins).
It is not surprising that the priests in the pre-Easter period, as well as in the days of the memory of the monks and the Holy Trinity, put green robes on. And this applies to all Christian denominations.
The green color is formed by the fusion of yellow (symbol of Christ) and blue (symbol of the Holy Spirit), thereby confirming the Lord’s promise: everything happens according to the will of the father through his son Jesus Christ thanks to the work of the Holy Spirit.
On many icons, the Saints are depicted in green robes or have elements of emerald-colored clothing. On the one hand, green is a symbol of wealth and financial success (many prosperous countries have green currency).
But on the other hand, during rotting and decomposition, green mould is formed, during a shipwreck.
Green is designed to soothe and inspire. In hospitals, white medical gowns have recently been replaced by light green uniforms, which, unlike dirty white ones, do not act so depressingly.
Many designers advise decorating the bedroom in blue-green tones in order to sleep well and get enough sleep. A girl in a green dress will seem much calmer and more benevolent than she really is.
What Is The Color That Would Go With Green? This is the magic of color!
Shades of Green Green also have a variety of shades, cold and warm, ranging from a deep dark green to a delicate mint tone.
To summarize, most of the green shades have an admixture of yellow, blue, or white tones.
- One of the most beautiful and mysterious shades of green is the shade of viridian, which contains notes of deep green and overflows of blue. It is so unusual that it is mostly used in monochrome, without any complementary colors.
- Evening dresses in this color design look expensive and stylish and do not require, due to their rich color, complex cut, and draperies. Viridian is self-sufficient and gorgeous. And suits any hair color.
- The emerald hue is complex and multifaceted, loved by the entire British royal family. It will calm you down, relieve you of slight anxiety, and set you in a peaceful mood.
- A rich bluish-green hue will remind you of the cold waters of the Baltic or North Seas, pine air, and relaxation in Palanga or Klaipeda. Emerald color is noble and sophisticated, especially good for dark-haired fair-skinned beauties.
- The jade shade also belongs to the cold color scheme. In terms of color, it occupies a place between dark green and emerald.
- Jade color is in harmony with almost all shades of green, but especially with gray-green and olive. In contrast to brick, cherry, or chocolate tones, it will sparkle with new colors.
- Aqua green color has another name – cyan green, and also belongs to the category of bluish-green shades. It can be both bright and muted, but from this, it does not at all lose its sophistication and mystery.
No other tone of clothing can accentuate your tan better than aqua, and if your eyes have a blue tint, it will make them bright blue. And this does not apply to the whole outfit, but even to a small scarf or topic.
Aqua color is in harmony with warm sandy and golden hues. The shade of the needles is very popular both in clothing and in makeup.
Resonant juicy colors give a feeling of coolness, and at the same time make the light tone of the face even brighter.
Coniferous shades are in harmony with pastel colors: blue, beige, lemon, mint. A pine-colored bag or scarf will perfectly enliven a suit in warm brown tones.
An orange dress will look even more cheerful and cheerful with a spruce-colored belt.
- The color of young foliage or green grass belongs to a warm range, and it will look best on girls of the “spring” and “autumn” color types.
- The gentle tone of the recently hatched foliage will make the reddish shade of the autumn beauty’s hair even brighter, and the “spring” girls will emphasize their beautiful complexion.
The green shade, as close as possible to natural colors, will harmoniously combine with the same natural tones – cornflower blue, orange, lemon, peach, pink, tomato.
Brunettes need brighter accompanying colors, blondes can opt for pastel colors.
- Verdepom color comes from the French vert-de-pomme – unripe apples. This is an incredibly warm and juicy shade that will emphasize the oriental style of clothing.
- It is combined with rich warm colors, but pastel and cold shades may not withstand its brightness and saturation.
- This light neon green hue, so bright and even flashy, is incredibly popular with both young people and designers. In the rays of the sun or spotlights, neon shades will not be lost or dimmed, and in a nightclub, they will radiate a mystical glow.
- In principle, neon green will suit any type of appearance but do not forget that there should be only one neon thing in an outfit. Any accessory in a neon shade will enliven a dress in a dark tone, and pastel shades will look even more delicate.
- Lime green is less pretentious than neon but more harmonious and versatile. It is an absolutely summer shade, cheerful and playful. Lime goes well with almost all colors: brown, blue, black, yellow, white. However, it is better not to mix it with too saturated tones (emerald, burgundy, blue black).
- Kiwi green is a warm color scheme. It loves girls of the autumn color type. Wearing a kiwi-colored outfit, the redhead will immediately bloom, the hair color will look brighter, and the eyes will shine with incredible shine.
- The pistachio color goes well with the autumn color palette, namely, with brown, burgundy, yellow, brick, terracotta shades. It evokes extremely positive emotions in others, involuntarily there are memories of pistachio ice cream, summer, warmth, therefore, many winter things are made in this color scheme.
- The pistachio color is ideal for dark skin, and the pistachio blouse will brighten the dark skin. Blondes will also appreciate this shade because it will highlight their beauty. But brown-haired women and brunettes can use it only as an accessory.
- The olive green shade can be classified as a camouflage shade, because, having put on clothes of this tone, you will dissolve in space. Olive color belongs to the category of neutral shades. It does not evoke any emotions but rather soothes.
- And yet it does not suit blondes at all. But brunettes and brown-haired women can choose it as the main tone, especially those with a golden skin tone.
- The khaki green color is a mixture of green with brown and gray. It can be confused with khaki, but khaki has no brown undertone.
- Despite its faintness (the color is not at all bright), it is actively used by designers from all over the world. It is good for military-style, boho, Provence, safari. Combines with all shades of green, gray and brown, but does not look at all with blue and blue (with the exception of denim).
An incredibly delicate and feminine menthol shade is the result of a fusion of blue and green. Blondes thanks to this color will seem, ephemeral divas, as if from a fairy tale. Brunettes will look like fairy-tale princesses, which almost do not exist anymore.
Menthol color is combined with all colors, especially pastel colors, except for dark and restrained warm ones (olive, terracotta, emerald).
The shade of green tea is almost transparent, weightless, neutral. It does not evoke much emotion, but it does not irritate either. A green tea-colored dress will only look good on a fragile girl with a porcelain skin tone and blonde hair.
Bright brunettes and fiery brown-haired women will be lost against its background and will seem pale and sick if they do not pick up bright accessories. You need to be careful with this beautiful-looking color.
Who can wear green color?
The green color is so versatile that suits any color type combined with any shade of skin and hair.
The main law when choosing a shade for your type of appearance: the more contrasting the appearance, the brighter the shades of green should be.
They need to choose icy shades of green for harmony: emerald, jade, viridian.
Warm winters are characterized by olive or slightly dark skin tone and dark brown hair.
Such girls need to choose juicy or fresh shades, for example, foliage, coniferous, green apple.
For Slavs, the color type “mild winter” is more typical, when light bluish skin is combined with light brown hair, dark eyebrows, and eyes with a bright iris.
Any shade of green will suit them: light green, pistachio, lime.
The spring color type is as if created for green shades that can emphasize the warm beauty of spring. Such girls will look especially good in bright lime dresses, tunics, green apples.
The summer type of appearance is characterized by the lack of contrast between hair color and skin tone, and this applies to both rare dark-haired beauties such as Kate Middleton (yes, yes, she is not “winter”, she is “summer”), and cold blondes such as Meg Rhine. Therefore, such cold beauty needs pastel shades of green: menthol, green tea, aqua.
Red-haired girls of the “autumn” color type look so harmoniously in green clothes that emphasise the bright color of their hair that, in principle, they may not choose any specific shades of green. Everything suits them!
However, most vividly, their non-standard appearance will be able to highlight muted shades of green: kiwi, olive, marsh, and pistachio.
- Dark green shades are combined with brown, grey and white colors and their derivatives – beige, coffee with milk, sand, ash, gray.
Colors That Go With Green
- A rich green tone looks good with various shades of red, cool and warm, and orange, yellow, beige and other light shades.
- Coniferous shades are in harmony with purple tones, fuchsia, pink, lilac, lavender, etc.
- The color of young foliage will be an excellent match for a blue palette and will also look great with monochromatic blacks and reds.
- A muted green shade will also be a great partner in tandem with lilac color schemes and other pastel shades.