Were you wondering how to look good in pictures? Here I will tell you how!
- 1 Were you wondering how to look good in pictures? Here I will tell you how!
Natural Lighting is the best tool if you were
The last one works the best of all especially, during a spring/summer season. This is called the “golden hour” among all photographers. During that time of the day, the sun rays are very soft and always enhance your appearance! Use that light in your advantage to take photos where you will look the best!
How to look good in pictures if you’re not photogenic
To your big surprise, you do not need to be of a supermodel appearance to look good in photos. What if I told you that anyone can look good in photos with just any face or body. The key to
The camera loves people when they try to”flirt” with the lenses. “Flirting” with your camera will always show your confidence. Just try to make it as natural as possible. If smiling does not make you feel confident, don’t do it. Otherwise, all your
I know you want to pout like Instagram models, but pouting is not going to look great in any situation. For the picture to look natural, release the tension from the mouth area and open it slightly, almost carelessly. Just in case you were trying to become a model, here is how.
By the way, I personally use EOS Canon 600D (for self-portraits like these). It has been discontinued by the manufacturer, so these are those that I would use instead:
Why do I never look good in pictures
You never look good in pictures because of the tension. Apparently you are trying to copy what someone else is doing because you have noticed that they look good in pictures. That might not work for you and you will look worse in pictures than in real life.
In order to look good in pictures, you have to practice relaxing your body parts that feel stiff while taking a photograph. For example, tensed eyes, mouth lips, biting cheeks, hands, squeezed posture.
Try to practice more with your cellphone camera before a photoshoot. Put a self-timer and try to take at least 10 pictures. See where your face looks better with tensed or relaxed face/body parts.
How to look good in pictures without smiling
Guess what, I almost never smile in pictures. I do not think this is my thing and smiling is not always appropriate. Going through my Instagram feed you can see that there is hardly 1 picture where I actually smile. I just realized that it’s not a part of my overall vibe and theme.
So you do not necessarily have to smile in every photo that you take. Just make non-smiling serious pictures as a part of who you are and make it your own style. For example, smiling with your eyes is more important than an actual smile! Practice a sultry look with your cellphone camera! If that works for me – it will work for you too!
How to look good in pictures without makeup
Alright, this is a tricky question, because we all know that makeup is our weapon. We do feel more confident with makeup everyday. But is it possible to look good without makeup – yes it is!
- If you are able to tan a little to get this summer bronzed silky skin. That does not require to have any makeup at all. At any time and any day you will look just perfect even without a foundation or a concealer!
- Take pictures with the lightning coming from your behind. Face the sun with your back! By doing this the light will conceal your imperfections in the most natural way possible.
- Put an accessory on your face like glasses! Glasses are always a great direct distraction from the area of your eyes if you are not wearing makeup! Always have a pair of those just for entourage!
- A transparent lip gloss will make you look even more natural than you actually are!
How to look good in pictures with glasses
Glasses are a very useful accessory, especially for the photoshoot! If you are using glasses in your everyday life – it’s even better! Because glasses always bring that sexy smart look.
In order to look good in pictures with glasses you really need to understand if the glasses suit your face. There are very beautiful expensive lenses, but it does not mean that you will look great with those. If you are not able to try them out, you have to consider some very universal frames that would suit anyone.
Please consider those secretary style square-framed glasses from Amazon
There cat-eye tiny glasses as well
What kind of pictures look good in black and white
So this you need to know, all the pictures even the bad ones can be saved if you made those in black and white. Yes, that is right, all pictures will look good in black and white.
- If you are not sure about your skin looking good – make it black and white
- You want to make your eyes look with more “depth” – make it black and white
- You really like the picture but the colors are too saturated – make it black and white