How to know if you have an Hourglass Body Shape?
- 1 How to know if you have an Hourglass Body Shape?
- 1.1 If your body shape looks similar to this, you are an hourglass body type
- 1.1.1 Hourglass Body Shape: Capsule Wardrobe – What is it?
- 1.1.2 Tops for an Hourglass Body Shape
- 1.1.3 Jeans (Trousers) for an Hourglass Body Shape
- 1.1.4 Blazer for an Hourglass Body Shape
- 1.1.5 Kimono is a must have for a your body type
- 1.1.6 A Dress for an Hourglass Body Shape
- 1.1.7 A skirt for an Hourglass Body Shape
- 1.1.8 Shoes for a perfect Capsule Wardrobe
- 1.1.9 Bag for a Capsule wardrobe of an Hourglass Body Shape
- 1.1 If your body shape looks similar to this, you are an hourglass body type
If your body shape looks similar to this, you are an hourglass body type
- You are naturally on a curvy side
- The waist is very well defined and it reminds you of an hourglass
- Your top and bottom are almost even (for example 90-60-90, although your proportions could be other)
- If any of your body parts are disproportional apparently you are not an hourglass
I have a whole long explanation of what is an hourglass body shape and what you need to wear in general.
If you have any doubts about whether you are an apple shape or any other, please visit this article and get acquainted with additional styling information.
This is all to help you know your body better and get a higher sense of fashion.
Hourglass Body Shape: Capsule Wardrobe – What is it?
A capsule wardrobe is a set of basic clothes that suit any of the other pieces that you have.
Whenever you have no time – you need to have a “capsule wardrobe” that will always look good on you.
This capsule wardrobe will be your “saver” at any time and situation in life.
Capsule wardrobe is suitable for:
- Office/Work outfit
- Casual outfit
- Going Shopping outfit
- Night Out outfit
- Birthday/Party Outfit
Can you imagine that all these outfits can be pieces of one capsule wardrobe that do not need to be huge and take up all of the free space!
I love minimalism, so as a personal stylist, this is why I highly recommend a personalized capsule wardrobe for your hourglass body shape! It’s just a must when it comes to the question “Oh, where do I begin”?
Tops for an Hourglass Body Shape
All good basics always start with a white button-up shirt and a basic white T-shirt. In this regard, we need to think about quality!
We do remember that 100% cotton, mulberry silk, and linen are the best choice when it comes to letting your skin breathe and feel good.
The goal of your body type is to emphasize your hourglass type of figure. Your body type is automatically an asset!
You need to work mostly on making it look more beautiful and emphasized enough.
So that you could easily achieve that you need to pay close attention to your assets and conceal your disadvantages.
In order to stress upon your treasure you’d better choose these types tops:
- Wrap tops
- Peplum blouses
- Tops with a lot of room in the chest area
- V-neck, round neck or boat neck
Pay attention to your waistline. Your body type is known for the waist that is very defined.
You need to go in the direction of stressing upon the waist.
I’d suggest a belt, accessories, and scarf that can create a vision of a well-defined centre.
Avoid colors that are not a part of a capsule wardrobe like neon shades. Do not mix bright colored items with other bright colors.
In order to go the right way here, choose only 1 (preferably for the top).
One piece of the garment needs to be bright and the other one from the peaceful (pastel) color shade.
Jeans (Trousers) for an Hourglass Body Shape
Your capsule needs to have at least 1 pair of the best possible pants you can think of.
These jeans or trousers have to suit any occasion even if you have to a wedding (I’m kidding). Those jeans need to be your 1st choice!
ALWAYS REMEMBER: If you make your top loose and flared – the bottom needs to be fitted and calm. And vice versa, a flared base–provided top.
What form of jeans you need to pay attention to:
- Flared jeans from knee or hip-length (perfect for elongating if you are petite)
- High-waist jeans
- Classic (no embellishment, no holes, applique, flowers, etc.)
- Skinny if your legs are fit
- Tailored Trousers (look the best on your body type)
Avoid Funny patterns like Mickey Mouse images on T-shirts unless you are 7 years old.
Be Careful with light-colored pants: white, beige, and bright colors like yellow, etc.
You might want to think about an elongated cardigan or a tunica preferably with a waistline emphasize.
Blazer for an Hourglass Body Shape
Now, you will want to seal the look with a thing that defines your attitude but still shows some style.
It’s always a blazer for me, plus, it’s perfect for work and fits great instead of a jacket during colder times. For a capsule wardrobe – it’s an absolute must!
Let me remind you, a deep V-neck will do you good by adding enough space in the decolletage area which will elongate your body structure.
Kimono is a must have for a your body type
Are you wondering why kimono would be the perfect choice for you?
I will tell you that it’s not only for your body type, but it’s also for all women out there! It’s the most universal piece of a garment I can find.
It’s suitable for those that do not like getting too formal.
This is a perfect choice for getting something that will even out your upper body and bottom, emphasize your waistline, and even stress your neckline!
You can wear it alone, with your favorite jeans, a dress, leggings, and shorts. It can serve as a perfect substitution for a dress or a summer coat. It is the most feminine clothing that exists and I am just in love with it!
A Dress for an Hourglass Body Shape
Look at this beautiful selection:
You will say that you already know that a little black dress is a must for every woman in the world. I will say that it’s not completely true!
For example, I have a black dress and guess how many times I actually wore it. Right, 0 times!
Why? Because black doesn’t compliment my skin tone and body shape as much as other colors do!
There are other darker shades if you do not want to wear black.
And this is why I remind you to take a closer look at your skin tone and figure out whether you are warm tone skinned or cold.
For instance, I have warm blond hair, and green eyes and my skin tans easily with a yellow skin undertone.
So I am a “warm” type. I can wear a green emerald, burgundy, blue sea, or light beige colors as basic.
A Helpful tip about Warm and Cold Skin Undertone.
Here you can also find your seasonal color palette and figure out which tone and undertone suit you specifically.
When it comes to the type of dress I always recommend:
- Fitted or Bodycon (Tailored type)
- Flared with a well-defined waist
- Maxi styles will definitely bring more flair and feminine taste to your shape. If you feel like you can wear fitted styles – feel free to stress on your decolletage or waist (one at a time). That would be a great idea to try something from the beige color range.
A skirt for an Hourglass Body Shape
A skirt is not necessarily a must if you are a “pants” girl. But I’d give it a go if you want to feel more feminine. I’d recommend:
- Flared silhouettes
- Pencil skirt if you need not hide your bottom, or you are going to wear an elongated blazer, tunica, or kimono that will conceal the rear.
Shoes for a perfect Capsule Wardrobe
When it comes to capsule wardrobe shoes you must know that it all depends on the lifestyle you choose.
If you are a sporty girl, do not invest in expensive Louboutins just because a stylist said so, take a look at something that you may actually use.
And vice versa, if you wear heels on a daily basis maybe Balenciaga sneakers are not your best option for investment.
What kind of should always serve good to any woman in the world are these high-quality real leather shoes:
- Kitten heel in beige and black colors
- Loafers in Black and Silver
- Sneakers up to your preference
Avoid trendy “ugly” shoes like Balenciaga, Combat Shoes, funny prints, and synthetic materials.
Bag for a Capsule wardrobe of an Hourglass Body Shape
When it comes to a bag, of course, one cannot measure it for body shape.
Obviously, it’s all as per personal preference.
Just do not forget about your perfect capsule wardrobe and think about whether it’s a good idea to spend money on something you are not sure about.
I mean something that requires substantial spending on luxury.
I always recommend trying out a good-quality leather bag first before deciding whether you really need an extra expensive one.