Are you wondering how to dress for a rectangle body shape? No worries, you are in the right place!
- 1 Are you wondering how to dress for a rectangle body shape? No worries, you are in the right place!
- 2 READ MORE ABOUT BODY TYPE WARDROBE:
*Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links, which means that I get a commission if you decide to make a purchase through my links, at no cost to you. Read my disclaimer for more info.
Rectangle body shape what is it and how to deal with it.
Alternatively, you can watch a video where I explain what a rectangle body shape is and show what to wear on live models. They are over 40 and 20.
Just before I start, I wanted to let you know that now you can work with me as a personal stylist virtually. The offer starts from only 10$ and you can find it over here if you click on the button down below:
How to dress for a Rectangle body shape? Yes, you are right. If you want to look elegant and just wear a wardrobe that suits you all the time you need to find out your body shape. The only thing that is required to do that is facing the mirror and evaluate your body type as it is and not as it will be when “I lose weight“.
You need to understand what body shape you tend to have on a normal day. We are not talking about extremes like pregnancy, etc. Just what your shape is looking like on a daily basis.
So what is a RECTANGLE body shape?
- Most of the times you will have no defined waist
- Hips will be somewhat symmetrical to your shoulders
- You are on a skinny side and will most likely struggle to get some curves
- Your bust will not be too big
These rectangle body attributes are regardless of the height of course
How to dress for a Rectangle body shape?
So you have found out that your body shape is rectangular. This is one of the easier body types for dressing, just so you know.
I definitely recommend avoiding too oversized clothes like these that are so trendy this season. Like this, you have a big chance to ruin all the shape and this is not the goal to reach. The goal is to emphasize and maximize the assets that you already have. The ideal body that we are looking to recreate is an hourglass shape.
While you are still trying to get on a diet or sculpt the perfect curve in the gym, here is my list of how to make your body look the best:
Preferences for the top for a rectangle body type
- To define your body and enhance it to the maximum I would use a bright color (T-shirt, blouse, shirt, tunic). That would best if you could create a contrast between the top and bottom.
- Be sure you wear precisely fitted and enhancing bra. That might make a huge difference in your overall body shape.
- Choose a jacket, blazer, coat that will create an accent on the waist. That might be a button at the waist or a belt. By doing this, you will create an hourglass shape.
- To emphasize the geometry you may add padding to your shoulders.
- Pay your attention to halter neck tops which will add more volume to your top.
- My first best option will be flared trousers. They can be flared from the waist as well as a knee. This type of trousers will not only shape your bottom but will also make you look taller. Try to pair it up with a slight heel or a platform wedges.
- A-line skirts work really well as well as a tight skirt/trousers that highlight the curves that you possess.
- A knee-length pencil skirt or a dress will highlight the curves. You can match it up with classic heels or knee-length boots.
Always remember “how to dress for a rectangle body shape” rule!
If you make your top loose and flared – the bottom needs to be fitted and calm. And vice versa, a flared bottom – fitted top.
If you have any question, ask me down below:
READ MORE ABOUT BODY TYPE WARDROBE:
- APPLE BODY SHAPE WARDROBE GUIDE
- PEAR BODY SHAPE WARDROBE GUIDE
- HOURGLASS BODY SHAPE WARDROBE GUIDE
- INVERTED TRIANGLE BODY SHAPE WARDROBE GUIDE